My cult lippies!


Hi lovelies!
I thought I'd share with you my favourite lipsticks for the past few years. 
I am quite a hoarder and collector of lip goodies, so the ones I have stayed loyal to are pretty top-notch!


Swatches from top to bottom: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture (shade unknown), Mac Lustre in shade 'Touch 474', Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in shade '39 La Somptueuse', NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade '01 Amsterdam', Lime Crime Velvetine in shade 'Wicked'.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture
First of all, I am going to apologise for not being able to hunt down the shade for this lipstick! (I have a feeling it's '11 Rose Carnation' but don't hold me to it)...
Anyways, if I could sum up how I feel towards this lippy, I would say that it is my best friend in the form of lipstick. It is the perfect nude shade for me, a rare find since my actual lip colour is quite pink. The formula is creamy and it's staying power is strong, although I would touch it up just because I love a solid lip! An everyday lip item for me, and I love to use it when I go for a bolder eye look.

Mac Lustre in shade 'Touch 474'
If my YSL lipstick is my perfect nude, this is my sexy nude go-to. I know you're probably reading this asking why I need so many nude lipsticks, but as mentioned previously, I am a lip hoarder, I am THE lip lady! This is more of a brown nude for me, and I love using it for more sleek, cleaner make-up looks. 

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in shade '39 La Somptueuse'
I remember when I first bought this lipstick, I used it everywhere! I wore it to uni, to parties, probably even to sleep maybe once or twice. Whenever I wear this, the compliments flood if I do say so myself. It's a wine red, and nowadays as a reformed red-lip-holic, I wear it for those special nights out. With a lip-liner this should stay on for most of the night, but I always bring the lipstick with me for touch ups, because I am a messy eater and most likely will have smudged lips in the aftermath.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade '01 Amsterdam'
This is a recent buy, but has been joint to the hip with my lips ever since the time of purchase. It's a chirpy, happy red that I love to pair with my red adidas sneakers. The formula is smooth and light, I don't feel like I'm wearing any lip products with it on! It stays on for a good amount of time (maybe 4-5 hours), but it does need a touch up as the shade pales out after eating/drinking.

Lime Crime Velvetine in shade 'Wicked'
This liquid lip has been coveted by beauty youtubers and bloggers for a few years now, and I purchased this about two years ago. This is one tough chica, with the staying power of a wedgie on a hot summer's day(y'all don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about). Wicked is a deep, dark red, very ooh la-la sensual! It can be drying when you're removing this liquid lip, but for the colour and its durability, I am a loyal user!

(Lipsticks mentioned in this article may appear different depending on user's skin shade, my skin shade is tan/olive).


 

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Meet The Author

Arianne (ah-ree-yun)

Adolescent/small adult with millions of ambitions, sight set as high as Mount Everest, with a love for all things. Arianne is a media student hoping to become a "creative". Someone who can do many roles, not bound by the 9-5 grind.